Make your devilled eggs stand out from the crowd with this avocado recipe.
Serves: 12 people
crumbled to serve
SuperValu Alfalfa Sprouts
ripe, peeled, stoned & halved
- Put a large pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and add the eggs. Boil for 8 minutes.
- The eggs should be hard-boiled at this stage. While the eggs are cooking, heat the oil in a large pan set over a medium to high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. It may still be a little soft at this stage, but put it on a tray lined with kitchen paper and it will crisp up once cooled. Allow to cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place in a bowl of cold water until they’re cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthways.
- Scoop out the egg yolk using a teaspoon into a medium-sized bowl, taking care not to break the whites.
- Add the avocado and lemon juice to the egg yolks and mash with the back of a fork until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Season to taste. Spoon the filling back into the hollowed-out halved eggs, then crumble over the pancetta and blue cheese. Scatter with some sprouts and serve on a platter.