The beauty of this dish is that it is very quick and easy to prepare and will be on your plate within minutes.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Broccoli
broken into spears
1 - Red Pepper
75 g SuperValu Mangetout
1 medium SuperValu Onion
1 - SuperValu Quality Irish Pork Chops
from the Butcher Counter
200 g SuperValu Rice
cooked according to the packet instructions
- Sieve 75g plain flour and the cornflour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the chilli powder if you are using it.
- Whisk in the water and whisk to combine until a thick, lump free, batter has been achieved.
- Meanwhile heat a deep fat fryer until it heated through.
- To test if the oil is sufficiently heated, drop a cube of bread into the oil - if the oil is sufficiently hot it will turn golden brown within 30 seconds.
Pork Stir Fry
- With a sharp knife slice the pork into very thin pieces.
- Put 1 tablespoon of plain flour in a large bowl, add in the thin strips of pork and mix well to ensure that the pork is thoroughly coated. Shake off the excess flour and transfer the pork to the batter.
- Mix the pork around and then carefully drop the pork pieces into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Drain onto kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile heat a large wok with a little oil.
- Add in the sliced onion, red pepper, mangetout and broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sugar, chilli powder and the wine vinegar and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to stop the mixture from burning.
- Then add the battered pork into the wok and mix well.
- Serve immediately with some boiled rice.
For an even crispier batter use either sparkling water or beer.