Chocolate chip cookies are a firm favourite in our house and always go down a treat. The beauty of this recipe is you can vary it. I like to add mixed spice and dried fruit as an alternative to chocolate chips.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Baking Powder
3 - Fresh Egg
175 g Light Brown Sugar
110 g Mixed Chocolate Chips
350 g Plain Flour
175 g SuperValu Butter
110 g SuperValu Goodness Mixed Nuts
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
0 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Cream the butter and sugar with the vanilla extract for 4-5 minutes in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat for a few minutes.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the mixed nuts and the chocolate chips.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture and beat slowly until the mixture comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mixed nuts and beat until combined.
- Divide the dough, roll into balls and place, well spaced, on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven (180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4).
- Allow to cool down and serve.