Very simple, yet very effective. Serve sprinkled with some crushed pistachio nuts for some added texture.
Serves: 2 people
- Soak the gelatine sheets in some water to soften.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and add the juice and grated zest of the lemon.
- Place the bowl over a pan of hot water on a medium heat, and whisk until the mixture thickens and lightens in colour.
- Add the gelatine to the lemon and egg mixture and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a spotlessly clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiffly beaten.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream lightly, (remove 2 – 3 tbsp for serving), then fold the cream gently into the lemon and egg custard.
- Stir gently then add the egg whites, combining by folding in gently so as not to release the air.
- Pour into the glasses so that the mixture is level with the top, the place in the fridge to chill and set.
- When ready to serve place the glass on a serving plate, pipe a little cream onto the top of the soufflé and add your garnish of lemon zest.