Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Put a wire cooling rack on a shallow baking tray.
- Mix together the desiccated coconut, coconut flour, coconut milk and maple syrup in a large bowl. With wet hands, shape the mixture into bars and arrange them on the wire rack. Refrigerate for 1 hour or put in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until set.
- Break up 150g of the chocolate and put it into a microwave-safe bowl. Set the microwave at half power, then melt the chocolate in 30-second bursts to start with, then reducing to 10-second bursts, stirring between each burst until the chocolate is mostly melted but still with a few small chunks remaining. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the remaining chocolate, square by square, stirring until the chocolate cools and thickens slightly.
- Pour the chocolate over the bars on the wire rack, letting the excess drip down onto the baking tray. Put in the fridge, uncovered, until the chocolate has set.
- These bars will keep in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.