Makes one 23 cm torte.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Butter
250 g Caster Sugar
2 ml Cream of Tartar
200 g Dark Chocolate
6 - Fresh Egg
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
1 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
pulverized to a pulp
5 ml Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Prepare a loose bottom cake tin by spraying it with Spray ‘n Cook.
- Break 200g of chocolate in smaller blocks and together with the butter, melt in a glass bowl over simmering water. Leave it to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks and ½ of the sugar in your mixer until it becomes pale in colour and increase in volume. Add the butter and chocolate to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Sprinkle the almond flour over the top and fold in. Add the ClemenGold puree and fold in.
- Whip the egg whites, cream of tartar and the other half of the sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter and lastly add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes and leave in the oven overnight.