Children will enjoy decorating these – let their imaginations run wild! They will enjoy eating them too!!
Serves: 6 people
broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Generously butter the baking tin using 25g of butter and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 75g of the butter until melted. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks have formed. Whisk in half of the sugar, a third at a time, whisking well after each addition until stiff and very shiny.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy, then beat into the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the meringue mix and add in the flour. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until well risen.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut the brownies into oblong shapes. Decorate with some white chocolate using a small piping bag.