This recipe will make between 80-90 truffles and make a perfect gift. If you can get your hands on the disposable vinyl gloves it will make the moulding of the truffles a much cleaner process!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 - Fresh Egg
30 ml Grand Marnier
900 g Milk Chocolate
1/2 dark and 1/2 plain, melted
225 g SuperValu Butter
cut into cubes
300 ml SuperValu Cream
2 - SuperValu Orange
For Coating - use any or all of the coatings below
0 - Chocolate Vermicelli
0 - Cocoa Powder
0 - Desiccated Coconut
0 - Milk Chocolate
0 - SuperValu Goodness Pistachio Nuts
0 - SuperValu Icing Sugar
- Use a large swiss roll tray in which to make these truffles (13 inch by 9inch)
- Grease large swiss roll tray (13inch by 9 inch) very lightly and line it completely with about 2-3 layers of cling film.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment across the bottom of the tray.
- Add the butter and cream to a saucepan and allow to come to a rapid boil.
- Add this to the melted chocolate and whisk rapidly.
- Then add in the egg yolks, orange zest and Grand Marnier (if using) and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared tray, allow to cool and then refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Break or cut the chocolate slab into small pieces.
- Roll the truffles into balls using your chosen coating and serve or refrigerate.
- These will keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.