Serves: 2 people
Chicken Stock Cube
baby or homemade low-salt chicken stock
(use breast or formula milk for babies under 6 months))
SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
cut into chunks
SuperValu Olive Oil
peeled and diced
peeled and chopped
- Heat the oil and gently fry the chicken for about 4 minutes. Add the onion, and cook for a few minutes until it starts to look ‘clear’.
- Add the potatoes and carrot and continue frying for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Blend to a smooth pureé, adding some milk if it is too thick for your baby.
- Remember that as your baby gets older, they will be able to have a thicker, lumpier meal so you don’t always have to blend it smooth.