Looking a new treat for your kids to try? Sharon's Chicken and Peanut Butter Bites with Lime Yogurt Dip are bound to be a big hit.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
400 g Cooked SuperValu Chicken
75 g Peanuts
1 pinch Pepper
0.5 - Red Pepper
half only, finely chopped
1 pinch Salt
50 g Smooth Peanut Butter
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Coriander
plus extra to serve
1 - SuperValu Fresh Ginger
2.5 cm in length, peeled and chopped
1. Blitz the peanuts in a mini blender until finely chopped, then tip into a wide bowl and set aside.
2. Tear or chop two-thirds of the chicken into rough pieces and place in a food processor. Add the peanut butter, ginger and coriander leaves. Blitz to a smooth paste. The mixture should stick together when squeezed. Tip into a bowl. Finely chop the remaining chicken and add along with the chopped red pepper. Mix well and season to taste.
3. Shape the chicken mixture into 14 patties (about 35g each).
Dip each side into the chopped peanuts to evenly coat, reserving any leftover peanuts for serving. Arrange on a tray lined with parchment paper as you go. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight, until firm. These can be made up to two days ahead.
4. To make the dip, mix the yogurt, lime juice and coriander in a bowl and season to taste. Spoon into a serving bowl, then swirl the peanut butter on top and scatter over any remaining peanuts.
5. Arrange the chicken bites on a platter or board and garnish
with a few fresh coriander leaves. Serve with the dip alongside.
Substitute the peanuts and peanut butter for almonds and almond butter if preferred or in the case of a peanut allergy.
Aveen Bannon says:
Chicken is a super lean source of protein and the nuts add beneficial vitamins and minerals. Unsalted nuts allow you to control the salt content. Using Greek yogurt as a dip adds some calcium with a lovely creamy texture.