This vegetarian option can be frozen prior to cooking and stored for up to 4 weeks.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
30 g Dried Cranberries
1 - Fresh Egg
1 packets Puff Pastry
450 g SuperValu Beetroot
15 g SuperValu Butter
200 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
30 g SuperValu Pine Nuts
100 g SuperValu Spinach
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the beetroot on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 40 – 45 minutes until tender.
- Set aside to cool, then remove the skins.
- In the meantime, put the butter into a large pan and melt over a moderate heat, add the onions and cook until softened and translucent, add the spinach and cook for 2–3 minutes until just wilted.
- Remove from the pan, place in a colander and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Cut the beetroot into 1cm dice, and place in a bowl with the spinach, balsamic vinegar, onion, pine nuts, cranberries (if using) and goats cheese, season and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly-floured surface, cut out 6 x 15cm squares.
- Place the beetroot mixture into the centre of each pastry square then brush the pastry edges with eggwash.
- Seal the pastry to form a parcel.
- Place in a preheated oven for 20–22 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with baby potatoes drizzled with butter and some green beans.