This is a delicious twist on the traditional hot pot. It is like Shepherd's pie meets hot pot!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
750 g SuperValu Irish Beef Mince
1 medium SuperValu Onion
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
2 - Supervalu Organic Carrots
From The Store Cupboard
350 ml Beef Stock
1 tbsp Plain Flour
1 cloves SuperValu Garlic
25 g SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Begin by finely dicing the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Heat a large saucepan with a little oil and add in the diced vegetables and sauté on a low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are beginning to soften.
- Next add in the minced beef and cook this for 4-5 minutes until the beef is browned off.
- Season lightly at this stage.
- Next add in the plain flour and use this to dry up any juices that are on the pan.
- In a separate pan bring the beef stock to a gentle boil.
- Stir the boiled stock into the floured beef mixture and stir continuously until the mixture thickens, ensuring that no lumps form during the process.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes and check the seasoning.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce at this stage if using.
- Transfer the beef and vegetable mixture to a medium sized casserole dish at this stage.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and arrange these on top of the beef and vegetable mixture with each potato slice slightly overlapping the previous one.
- Brush the entire top of the Hotpot with the melted butter, which will give a nice shine and glaze to the potatoes.
- Transfer the hot pot to the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the entire mixture is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.