With a thick layer of biscuits, smothered in golden caramel, topped with sliced bananas and freshly whipped cream - what’s not to love!
Serves: 6 people
whipped, to serve
Condensed MilkThe condensed milk needs to be prepared the day before to allow it to cool down and extreme caution must be taken in this process.
- Place the tins of condensed milk into a large saucepan and cover fully with water.
- It is important to ensure that they are continuously covered with water.
- Bring the water to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for approximately 3 hours.
- Remove from the heat and allow the cans of condensed milk to cool in the water, preferably overnight.
- Using either a food processor or a plastic bag and a rolling pin, crush the biscuits into small pieces.
- Do not make them too fine as it's nice to leave a little crunch in the base.
- Melt the butter and add it into the biscuits to bind them together.
- The mixture should not be too wet at this stage.
- Press this mixture into a 10 inch cheesecake (spring form) tin and place into the fridge to set for a few minutes whilst you make up the topping.
- Open the cans of condensed milk and spread the caramel over the prepared biscuit base.
- This should give a lovely thick layer of sweet caramel.
- Next peel and slice the bananas, and place a layer on top of the caramel.
- Add the whipped cream, then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Transfer the entire dessert to the fridge for at least one hour to set.
- Remove the cake from the tin and transfer onto a serving platter.
- Decorate with some fresh berries (optional) and serve.