If you don’t like avocados but want to get them into your diet because they’re so nutritious, this is the recipe for you! Packed full of goodness and so tasty, you won’t even know they’re missing all the butter and sugar.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Butter
or oil, for greasing
200 g Dark Chocolate
2 - Eggs
1 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
100 ml Greek Yoghurt
150 ml Maple Syrup
4 tbsp Peanut Butter
50 g Roasted Buckwheat
2 - SuperValu Avocado
ripe, peeled and stoned
50 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease a 19cm square baking tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and allow to melt, but make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Alternatively, you could melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Place the avocados and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Using a hand-held mixer, whisk the eggs until they’re really light, then gently fold into the other ingredients.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin. Use a spatula or spoon to smooth the surface, making sure to get the batter into each corner. Spoon the peanut butter over the top and use a skewer or the end of a spoon to swirl it into the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until firm on top but slightly soft in the centre. Allow to cool, then cut into nine squares.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of roasted buckwheat on top.
Tip - If you prefer, replace the roasted buckwheat with finely chopped peanuts or the peanut butter with another nut butter of your choice. These are also delicious served with coconut frozen yogurt for a healthy dessert.