Served warm or cold these are sure to please, replace the asparagus with some red onion marmalade for another flavoursome variation.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
40 g Butter
1 - Eggs
Yolk mixed with Milk for egg wash
1 - Lemon
1 - Peach Juice
cut in half lengthways
200 g Puff Pastry
4 - Shallots
12 spears SuperValu Asparagus
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
120 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
100 ml White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Roll the puff pastry and brush with egg wash. Season with salt, pepper and lemon zest then blind bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- In a medium sized pan, add butter, shallots and thyme. Sauté for 3-5 minutes on a medium/low heat. Add wine and seasoning and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of salted water and prepare a bowl of ice-cold water. Tip the asparagus into the boiling water and simmer for 2-4 minutes depending on the size of the asparagus. Transfer the asparagus to the ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Fill blind tart with sautéed shallots then goats cheese and top with asparagus. Season with extra salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and caramelise.