By Kevin Dundon
Make your next BBQ the best yet with our Signature Tastes Hereford Prime Beef Burgers.
Preparation time: 30 minutes•
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the barbecue to medium.
2. Place the burgers in a baking dish and pour the teriyaki sauce over them. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. To make the slaw, combine the cabbage, carrots, shallots and spring onions with the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil and lime zest and juice in a large bowl. Season to taste, then toss together and set aside until needed.
4. Prepare the mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise and wasabi paste or horseradish together in a small bowl.
5. Remove the burgers from the marinade and transfer to the hot barbecue. Cook over indirect heat so that the flame doesn’t
burn the meat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until cooked through.
6. Add the quartered pak choi to the grill and cook for 2 to 3
minutes, until lightly charred.
7. To serve, spread a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on the base of each burger bun, then add a cooked burger and top with the remaining bun. Serve with the Asian slaw and grilled pak choi on the side or right on the burger if you want to add an extra punch.
Press the centre of the raw burger slightly to keep the burger flattened when grilling, as the meat will shrink back. This recipe works well with turkey mince too