Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
15 g Basil Leaves
400 g Butternut Squash
150 g Courgettes
300 g Fresh Tagliatelle
3 - Garlic Cloves
4 tbsp Olive Oil
225 ml Pasta Water
(the water the pasta was cooked in)
1 pinch Salt
- Peel and chop the butternut squash or sweet potato into very small pieces or use SuperValu Diced Butternut Squash to save time.
- Cut the courgette into bite-size pieces. Chop the basil leaves.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Steam the squash until cooked through, should take 5-10 minutes.
- Fry the courgette in a large frying pan over medium heat (add ½ tablespoon of oil and cook the courgette until they get a little charred).
- Remove from the heat and set aside until your sauce is ready to serve.
- Drain the cooked pasta, ensuring to keep the pasta water. Blend the cooked squash with 225ml of the pasta water and the four tablespoons of oil, salt and garlic for a nice creamy sauce.
- Add more pasta water as required, a little at a time until you reach the right texture.
- Mix the sauce and pasta and adjust the seasoning to your taste by adding more salt or lemon juice.
with the cooked courgette and the chopped basil.