Tasty pasta sauce made from scratch at home using fresh and healthy ingredients.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Bay Leaves
4 medium Mushrooms
2 cups SuperValu Pasta
8 - SuperValu Shallots
1 drop SuperValu Sunflower Oil
8 - SuperValu Tomato
1 - SuperValu Tomato Purée
- Skin the tomatoes by cutting a small cross into the skin of the tomatoes. Plunge them into a saucepan of boiling water. Leave for a minute take them out and skin them immediately.
- Wash shallots and mushrooms and slice them thinly. Put them into a saucepan with the sunflower oil. Cook over gentle heat until shallots are soft.
- Stir in four squeezes of tomatoe puree. Add skinned chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add bay leaves and simmer for thirty minutes.
- Fifteen minutes before the sauce is cooked cook the pasta as directed.
- When the sauce is cooked remove the bay leaves and blend with a hand blender.
- Tip the cooked and drained pasta into the sauce. Serve with grated cheese on top and some garlic bread.