This is a really lovely, easy dinner that will always go down well, but it also works great as a brunch or any time of the day, for that matter. Well worth giving a shot! Feel free to change the veg we have used for any other veg you have.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
10 - Eggs
1 pinch Salt
150 g SuperValu Feta Cheese
2 tbsp SuperValu Oil
100 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
or baby spinach
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
(8 or so) finely sliced
4 - Sweet Potatoes
cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/gas mark 4.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a roasting tray. Coat them with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with a pinch of salt, then roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and either leave the oven on or heat up the grill.
- Warm the remaining tablespoon of oil in a 30cm ovenproof frying pan (or a standard large frying pan) set over a low to medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, scallions and rocket and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mix into the pan of vegetables and cook until the base and sides have set, then crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Place the pan in the oven or under the grill for about 5 minutes, until the top sets and turns golden brown. Serve with some nice side salad and toast.