Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Chicken Breast
cooked, leftover, shredded or diced
3 cloves Garlic
75 ml Olive Oil
25 g Parmesan Cheese
1 pinch Salt
50 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
200 g SuperValu Penne Pasta 1kg
250 g SuperValu Ripe Vine Tomatoes
For the pesto
30 g SuperValu Pine Nuts
or mixed nuts
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile, to make the pesto, blend the nuts and garlic in a blender. Add the tomatoes and blend again for a few more seconds. Add the basil leaves, Parmesan, oil and a pinch of salt and blend again until well combined.
3. Add the pesto to the mixing bowl and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce, then stir in the chicken.
4. Transfer to airtight containers and pack in lunchboxes with a fork.
- This can be served hot or cold. If served hot, it’s good with garlic bread and a tossed salad for dinner.
- Any leftover pesto can be frozen in ice cube trays to be used for future dinners or lunches.