This is a winner idea to use up all the leftover pumpkin after Halloween, turning them from scary to delicious. The goats’ cheese nicely balances this rich soup.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Honey
600 ml Hot Water
150 g Low Fat Butter
20 g SuperValu Fresh Sage
200 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
50 g SuperValu Goodness Pumpkin Seeds
500 g SuperValu Pumpkin
peeled and cut into small cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the pumpkin in a bowl and drizzle the honey on top. Stir to coat all the pumpkin with the honey, then spread out on the lined baking tray and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until soft.
3. Melt the butter in a pot and add the chopped sage, leaving a little aside for garnish. Add the roasted pumpkin and stir for few minutes, then gradually add the hot water until the pumpkin is just about covered. Cook for a few more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot dry pan until they turn golden or you hear them starting to pop. Tip out onto a plate and set aside to cool down.
5. Blend the soup with a soup blender until smooth and serve piping hot in warmed bowls. Crumble some goats’ cheese on each individual portion and sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds and the reserved sage.