These delicious homemade fishcakes are perfect for using up leftover cod and potatoes.
Serves: 4 people
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 - Fresh Egg
100 g Plain Flour
1 pinch Salt
1 - SuperValu Cod Fillets
skinned and boned
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
50 ml SuperValu Oil
3 large SuperValu Potatoes
peeled, boiled and mashed
* This recipe makes 8 fishcakes
- Cook the potatoes first so that the mash is ready to go.
- Poach the cod in a pan of simmering salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, until it's firm and cooked through. Drain and cool.
- Place the cooked mashed potatoes in a large bowl and mix in the parsley and thyme. Flake in the cod and add the beaten egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape into cakes.
- Place the flour in a wide, shallow bowl. Dip the fish cakes in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Warm the oil in a large frying pan set over a medium heat. Once it's nice and hot, add the fish cakes and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Serve with sweet chilli mayonnaise and a lemon wedge.
High in protein.