Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Put the hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 12 minutes, until golden and a bit oily. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then pop into a strong food processor or high-speed blender. Blend on a low speed for 8 to 10 minutes, until a butter is formed, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl or blender as needed.
- Put the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Set the microwave at half power, then melt the chocolate in 30-second bursts to start with, then reducing to 10-second bursts, stirring between each burst until the chocolate is melted.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add the melted chocolate, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Blend again until well incorporated.
- Transfer the nut butter to a clean half-pint jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks, if it lasts that long!