By Daniel Davey
Don't rush this dish - patience is key. Allow it to simmer on a low heat and let the flavours combine for an amazing flavour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1. Marinate the chicken with the olive oil, some garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper for at least 2 hours.
2. When the chicken is marinated, start by placing the garlic, chillies, onion and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to brown
3. Add in the chicken and cook thoroughly, roughly 10 minutes.
4. Next, make the sauce: place the onions, garlic, chillies and a little water in a blender and blitz to a creamy texture.
5. Measure out the spices (curry powder through cumin) into a small bowl.
6. In a large saucepan heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Next, add the pureed onion mixture and cook for a 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Add the ginger, coconut cream, yogurt, pre-measured spices, and honey and mix together.
8. Turn the heat down to low and simmer 35-40 minutes, mixing regularly, until the sauce has reduced.
*Serve with cauliflower rice or regular brown or white rice if you prefer