by Kevin Dunon
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
12 medium Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
FOR THE CARAMELISED ONION & GREEN PEPPER
50 g Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Butter
50 g Cider Vinegar
1 medium Green Pepper
4 medium Onion
, peeled and thinly sliced
4 sprig Thyme
200 ml White Wine
- Start with the onion & green pepper; in a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions and sugar. Stirring constantly, cook the onions for 5 to 7 minutes until caramelised.
- Add the green pepper and thyme, cider vinegar and white wine and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the onions are softened and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir it occasionally to prevent anything from sticking to the base of the pan. Add a dash of extra wine if required.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium or until the charcoal ashes turn white.
- Place the sausages over indirect heat and cook for 8 minutes. Switch to a high heat for the last few minutes to help colour the sausages.
- Once the sausages are cooked, warm the bread rolls and drizzle some mayonnaise or butter on the base. Add the salad leaves, the sausages and then your caramelized onion & green pepper