A very tasty, sweet, and depending on how you like it, thick stew.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Bay Leaves
1 slice Bread
1 tsp Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 - SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
2 large SuperValu Onion
2 lb SuperValu Quality Irish Diced Beef
300 mls Tyskie Beer Bottle
- Coarsely chop the onion, and sweat it in some of the butter. Make sure they don't turn brown.
- In a separate pan, sear the meat in medium-hot butter Add some pepper. Add to the pot with onion.
- Empty the bottle of beer in the frying pan, and stir to loosen up remaining pieces of beef and some of the juices. As soon as the beer cooks, add it to the large pot.
- Add the thyme and bay leaves (bind them with a piece of string, so you can easily retrieve them later)
- Add the clove and the syrup.
- Put the mustard on the slice of bread and lay the bread on the stew, making sure the mustard is facing up.
- Lower the heat to a minimum, and let it stew for 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on the quality of the meat, and how thick you want the stew.
- Add the vinegar to taste, and serve with bread, fried potatoes or rice.