This traybake and crumble mixture is a truly delicious treat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Moo'd Madagascan Vanilla Gelato
100 ml SuperValu Apple Juice
300 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
350 g SuperValu Butter
diced (300g + 50g)
1 pinch SuperValu Cinnamon
4 - SuperValu Cooking Apple
peeled and chopped
100 g SuperValu Honey
400 g SuperValu Plain Flour
50 g SuperValu Porridge Oats
300 g SuperValu Strawberries
100 g SuperValu Wholemeal Flour
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm square tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, porridge, brown sugar, 300g butter and a pinch of cinnamon in a large bowl. Press half the crumble mixture into the base of the lined tray. Allow to set in the fridge for 15 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the fridge and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until a light golden brown. Set aside.
- Next, in a large saucepan, combine the 50g of butter, apples, honey, apple juice, vanilla extract and simmer. Cover and cook for 5 - 7 minutes until the apples are breaking down and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and add the strawberries. Stir and spoon the filling over the base in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the apples and bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into slices to serve with ice cream.