This is a very traditional carbonara recipe without cream, you can add it if you wish!
Serves: 4 people
- Plunge the spaghetti into a saucepan of boiling and lightly salted water. Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Stir the spaghetti once or twice during the cooking process to ensure that it does not stick together.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, heat a wide based deep sauté pan with a little oil and fry the bacon pieces until they are crispy. With a slotted spoon drain them onto kitchen paper.
- Beat together the parmesan cheese and the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Season lightly with cracked black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to its saucepan, turn off the heat. Add the bacon pieces, and egg and cheese mixture to the pasta. Combine gently to ensure the pasta is fully coated.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls and sprinkle with a little additional parmesan cheese if you wish. Season with some cracked black pepper as required.