Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
500 ml Beef Stock
0 - Black Pepper
3 - Carrots
cut into pieces
8 - Mushrooms
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
500 ml Red Wine
800 g SuperValu Beef
cut into 2cm cubes
1 tbsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
100 g Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
- Heat half the oil in a large flame-proof casserole dish and seal the beef in batches, turning for 4 – 5 minutes until sealed all over, then using a slotted spoon remove from casserole dish and set aside.
- Once all the beef has been sealed, add the remaining oil and add the onion, carrots garlic, and lardons, cook for 3 – 4 minutes until the onion have softened and the lardons are slightly crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for a further minute.
- Next add the tomato puree, then return the beef to the casserole dish, pour in the herbs, wine and stock. Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid and cook on a low heat for 2 -3 hours until the beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for approx 15 minutes or until tender. Mash the potatoes or pass through a ricer.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream and add the butter. Pour over the mashed potatoes.
- Add the horseradish and mix through the potato, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve the beef with the warm mash potato.