The combination of flavours between the duck and the sweetness of the ClemenGold makes this dish simply irresistible.
Serves: 4 people
40 g Butter
1 tsp Chilli Sauce
or more, to taste
4 - Duck Leg Portions
roasted and shredded
1 clove Garlic
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 - Onion
3 - Phyllo Pastry Sheets
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Ginger
2 tbsp SuperValu Oil
1 zest SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
1 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
peeled and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Mix in the shredded meat and zest, season to taste and set aside.
- Roll out a sheet of phyllo pastry on a work surface and cut in length halfways, and each half again, to make four rectangles.
- Cover the other two phyllo sheets with a tea towel so they will not dry out before use.
- Brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter.
- Spread the meat filling close to one edge of each pastry rectangle; fold the pastry over to enclose the edges of the filling and roll the pastry into cigars.
- Butter the seam; seal and place seam-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the phyllo sheets until you have 12 cigars.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180˚C for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients of the dipping sauce and serve.