These delicious scones can be placed in the freezer uncooked and baked from frozen when required
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Baking Powder
300 g Extra Coarse Wholemeal Flour
2 - Fresh Egg
1 pinch Salt
300 g Self-Raising Flour
2 tbsp SuperValu Brown Sugar
75 g SuperValu Butter
250 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients (wholemeal flour, self raising flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Add an egg and the buttermilk and mix well until the mixture comes together, adding a little extra buttermilk if required.
- Knead the mixture on a lightly floured work surface, flatten out slightly using a rolling pin and then using a scone cutter, cut the dough into approximately 8 - 10 pieces.
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray and brush the top of the scones with a little beaten egg to glaze. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.