This is a perfect dessert for any occasion, you can add your favourite liqueur or nuts to the tart.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Chocolate Glaze
150 ml Fresh Cream
25 g SuperValu Butter
90 g SuperValu Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Water
For the Chocolate Tart
250 ml Fresh Cream
100 ml Milk
140 g Milk Chocolate
100 g Raspberry Jam
200 g Shortcrust Pastry
150 g SuperValu Dark Chocolate
2 medium SuperValu Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Roll the sweet pastry out on a lightly floured surface and line a (10 inch) tart tin with a removable base. Cover loosely with parchment paper or oven safe cling film and fill with ceramic baking beans. Place in the fridge and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the time has lapsed, place in the oven and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the ceramic beans and parchment paper and place in the oven for a further 5 - 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool for 10 minutes. If using non-removable base tart shells, once cooled remove the pastry shells from their tartlet tins and place on a baking tray. Spread some raspberry jam on the base.
- Next, in a medium saucepan, pour in the cream and milk and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Add the beaten egg when the mixture has slightly cooled.
- Bring the oven down to 140˚C. Pour the chocolate mixture over in the blind baked tart shell. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the chocolate mixture is just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The mixture will harden when cooling.
- Next, prepare the chocolate glaze. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove the cream from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine until smooth. Add the water if the mixture is too thick, then swirl in the butter. Carefully pour the glaze over the baked chocolate tart and set aside to cool.
- In a small hand blender bowl, place half of the raspberries, lemon juice and a tbsp of the icing sugar. Blend the raspberry mixture to a purée. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and set aside.
- When ready to serve, take the tart out of the fridge for 10 - 30 minutes to let the tart come to room temperature. Serve the tart with raspberry coulis.
- In a bowl, whip the mascarpone with the lightly whipped cream and icing sugar.
- Slice the tart and serve with a quenelle of the cream and the remain raspberries.