You can replace the summer fruits with mixed autumn fruits such as apple, blackberries and plums.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
175 g Currants
150 g SuperValu Blackcurrants
1 large SuperValu Orange
thinly pared rind
225 g SuperValu Raspberries
225 g SuperValu Strawberries
275 g SuperValu Sugar
0 - SuperValu Whipped Cream 350ml
12 - SuperValu White Bread
crusts removed (about 2 days old)
- Place the fruit into a large pan and add the sugar and orange rind.
- Cover and cook gently until the juices flow and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the base of the bowl on a slice of bread and using the base of the bowl as a template, cut the bread at the base. This will be placed at the bottom of the bowl.
- Slice 8–9 slices of bread into 3, then fan these around the edge of the bowl ensuring each slice is slightly overlapping. Reserve the remaining bread for the top of the bowl.
- Remove and discard the orange rind from the fruit compote.
- Spoon the compote into the bread lined pudding bowl, then place the reserved bread on top, trimmed to fit if necessary.
- Cover the pudding with a small plate or saucer which just fits inside the basin.
- Place some heavy weights on top of the plate and leave to chill overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, gently loosen the pudding from the sides of the bowl with a palette knife, then turn out onto a flat serving plate.
- Cut the pudding into slices and arrange on plates with a dollop of whipped cream or Greek yoghurt.