This little treat is packed BIG with flavour, you can use a plain biscuit base if preferred. A great back-up dessert to have in the freezer.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
250 g Cream Cheese
250 g Digestive Biscuits
300 ml Fresh Cream
1 - Fresh Egg
115 g SuperValu Butter
125 g SuperValu Crème Fraîche
3 tbsp SuperValu Honey
2 tsp SuperValu Icing Sugar
1 - SuperValu Mango
250 g SuperValu Strawberries
hulled and sliced
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/275°F/ Gas Mark 1. Break the biscuit into a food processor bowl, and pulse until the biscuits resemble breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter, then press the mixture into the tart tin ensuring the crumbs cover the base and sides of the tin. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, using an electric whisk beat the cream cheese, crème fraîche, honey, egg and vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture is smooth then pour over the biscuit base.
- Place the cake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then transfer to the fridge to chill. Before serving add a generous layer of sliced strawberries.
- Blend the mango and icing sugar together in a blender until smooth and pour into a jug and chill until required. Whip the cream until stiff.
- To serve, place a slice of cheesecake onto the centre of a plate and add a spoonful of fresh cream and drizzle with a little coulis. If freezing open freeze first. Then wrap in tin foil and place in a plastic freezer bag.