We make a lot of different pestos, but this is one of our favourites. If you don’t like parsley, simply replace it with fresh basil or coriander.
Serves: 4 people
50 g Cashew Nuts
3 cloves Garlic
1 - Lemon
0 - Pepper
100 ml Rapeseed Oil
0 - Salt
50 g Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
0 - SuperValu Chilli Flakes
to serve (optional)
50 g SuperValu Fresh Parsley
0 - SuperValu Goodness Flaked Almonds
to garnish (optional)
500 g Wholewheat Spaghetti
- Boil a full kettle of water. Once it has boiled, pour the water into a medium-sized pot and bring back to the boil. Add the pasta along with a pinch of salt and a dash of oil and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- Once the pasta is on, it’s time to make the pesto. Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl of just-boiled water and leave to soften for 5 minutes.
- Toast the cashews in a dry pan set on a high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until they start to turn golden.
- Drain the soaked sun-dried tomatoes and put them in a food processor or blender along with the toasted cashews, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and oil and blend until smooth.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and put it back in the pot. Add the pesto and mix it through the spaghetti. If you like a bit of spice, sprinkle with a pinch of chilli flakes. Otherwise flaked almonds are a nice garnish too.
High in VITAMIN E: a vitamin that is also an antioxidant