Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 tbsp Butter
125 g Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp English Mustard
2 cloves Garlic
400 ml Milk
1 medium Onion
400 g Penne Pasta
1 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
4 - SuperValu Fresh Salmon Darnes
skinned and diced
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm in a baking dish until the sauce is ready.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then sprinkle with the cornflour. Pour in the milk and stir, ensuring there are no lumps in the sauce. Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring continuously for 3 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. The sauce will still be runny at this stage. Add the salmon, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chives, mustard and half of the cheese. Season to taste.
- Fold the fish and sauce into the pasta, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve piping hot.