Here is our version of the classic Spanish pesto-like sauce based on almonds, red peppers and garlic. Our version works well in a sandwiches, as a dip, on toast and straight off a spoon. It’s also lovely over pasta and served alongside just about anything, really!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 3 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 head Garlic
0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
10 tbsp Olive Oil
3 - Red Pepper
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
3 tsp Salt
0.5 tsp SuperValu Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Sweet Paprika
150 g Whole Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Cut the peppers into quarters and put on a baking tray along with the whole heads of garlic. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the peppers start to char around the edges and are well cooked.
- Put the almonds on a separate tray. Roast them in the oven along with the peppers and garlic for 10 to 12 minutes, until they start to darken and smell lovely and toasted.
- Transfer the roasted peppers and almonds to a food processor. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skins into the food processor and add the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil. Blend for about 7 minutes, until pretty smooth. At the end, slowly add in the olive oil so that it blends better and comes together easier.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.