This recipe will take you back to being younger!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
60 g Caster Sugar
5 - Gelatine Sheets
250 ml Grapefruit Juice
(Orange, Cranberry, Lemon, Apple)
2 - Red Food Colouring
if required (optional)
150 g SuperValu Strawberries
200 ml Water
- Soak the gelatine in cold water and allow to soften.
- Pour the water and sugar into a small pan and allow to simmer for 2–3 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the gelatine pulp.
- Next pour the fruit juice into the syrup and add colouring if desired, then pass through a sieve for clarity.
- Check the sweetness of the jelly and if too bitter add some extra sugar if required.
- Then place the mixed berries in the jelly mould and pour over the liquid jelly.
- Leave to cool down, and allow to set for at least 4 hours but preferably over night.
- To remove from the mould, place in hot water for a few seconds and quickly turn upside down onto a serving dish.