By The Happy Pear
Easy, tasty and very little clean-up – this perfect midweek dinner also works well as a cold salad the next day.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Slice the aubergine into small bite-size pieces, then finely chop the mushrooms.
2. Add 1 ½ tbsp oil to a large saucepan and place on high heat. Once the pan is warm, add your chopped onion and garlic, then cook for two minutes stirring regularly or until it starts to brown.
3. Add the mushrooms and aubergine to the pan and cook for two minutes. Then add the tamari and cook until it's all absorbed or evaporated (about two minutes).
4. Add the water and cook for a further five minutes. Both the aubergine and the mushrooms should be soft and super
5. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, maple syrup and black pepper. Mix well.
6. Add the pasta to the pan. If using spaghetti, break this into the pan so that it all fits and is submerged in the liquid. Add the non-dairy milk and the vegetable stock, then mix well.
7. Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat and leave to simmer, ensuring the lid is off so that the liquid can evaporate. Every so often, take a wooden spoon and gently mix through the pasta, ensuring it doesn't stick together.
8. Once the sauce is reduced and the pasta is al dente, add the nutritional yeast and roughly tear the basil leaves, garnishing each serving with it.
Voilà and enjoy!