The perfect bread for breakfast.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C / 300˚F.
- In a large bowl, sieve the plain flour and the bread soda, and add the salt.
- Pour in the buttermilk and combine until soft “sticky” dough is achieved.
- Transfer the dough into a 2Lb floured bread loaf tin.
- Brush the bread with a light coating of milk.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapping the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and cool down on a rack.