Get the kids baking with this quick and easy recipe for Lemon Cream Biscuits
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Biscuits
1 - Fresh Egg
225 g Plain Flour
110 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Lemon
110 g SuperValu Sugar
- Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together.
- Add in the egg yolk and the plain flour.
- Allow to rest. I normally leave this refrigerated overnight. The mixture can be successfully frozen at this time also.
- Tear off a piece of dough and roll into a small ball.
- Place it on a lined baking tray and flatten lightly with a fork. I think it is best to re refrigerate the biscuits at this time.
- Cook at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 6-8 minutes.
- Fill with lemon butter cream, lemon curd or drizzle with a lemon water icing.
- For the lemon butter cream. Mix all ingredients together until light and fluffy. Sandwich biscuits together using this cream.