One of my favourites, it packs a fresh lemony punch perfect for summer picnics!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
250 g Carrots
150 g Caster Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 - Fresh Egg
2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
200 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
140 g Sultanas
140 g SuperValu Butter
20 g SuperValu Goodness Mixed Nuts
20 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
1 - SuperValu Lemon
juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin or individual cake tin with baking parchment to make it easier to turn out the cake later on.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until soft and creamy, then add in the grated carrot, lemon juice and zest, sultanas and the eggs.
- Combine until smooth.
- Sift the flour together with the ground almonds, spice, and baking powder.
- Add the sieved flour and nuts and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tins and bake for up 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- Beat the icing sugar with the lemon zest until thick and creamy.
- When the cake is cool, spread the icing on top.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.