Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
250 ml Red Wine
4 - SuperValu Duck Breasts
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
2 - SuperValu Mandarins
peeled and segmented
1 tbsp SuperValu Mandarins
cut into strips
250 ml SuperValu Orange
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat of the duck breast in a criss-cross pattern then season the fat side with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large pan over a medium heat, do not add oil. When hot, place the, duck fat side down, on the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, turn the breast on the flesh side and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat place on a rack fitted in a baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, save approximately 1 tablespoon of the duck fat in the cooking pan.
- Discard the remainder in a container for later use.
- Place the pan back on a medium heat, add the garlic, mandarin segments and honey.
- Cook for 2 minutes until simmering.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and add the mandarin zest.
- Reduce by half, then add the orange juice and again reduce by half.
- When the breasts are cooked remove from the oven and cover with tin foil to keep warm, and leave the meat to rest for 5 minutes.