To make this salad into a more substantial lunch, add toasted almonds or hazelnuts, crumbled goats' cheese and a scattering of dried cranberries.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 g Broccoli
150 g French Beans
150 g Frozen Peas
1 bunch SuperValu Asparagus
2 head SuperValu Baby Gem Lettuce
150 g SuperValu Sugar Snap Peas
For The Dressing
1 dstspn Dijon Mustard
1 small Garlic
1 dstspn Honey
6 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
15 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
15 g SuperValu Fresh Chives
15 g SuperValu Fresh Parsley
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitz until well combined.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with 1 tablespoon of salt. Fill a large bowl with iced water. Trim the asparagus and French beans and cut in half.
- Blanch the asparagus and broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the iced water to stop the cooking and keep the lovely green colour.
- Repeat with the French beans, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes before adding to the iced water. Drain the vegetables and spread out on kitchen paper to dry.
- Slice the raw sugar snap peas in half on the diagonal and put in a large bowl. Add the blanched vegetables, thawed peas and half of the herby dressing.
- Cut the baby gem lettuce into thin wedges. Place in a lunch box but don’t add the dressing until just before you eat it. Top with the rest of the veg and a little more dressing if needed.