Dust with some cocoa powder on top to give it a finish.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 g Caster Sugar
50 g Cocoa Powder
1 - Double espresso or cup of strong Coffee
125 g Fresh Blueberries
200 ml Fresh Cream
4 - Fresh Egg
225 g Mascarpone Cheese
24 - Sponge Ladyfinger Biscuits
125 g SuperValu Cherries
1 - SuperValu Lemon
125 g SuperValu Raspberries
60 g SuperValu Raspberries
75 ml Tia Maria
100 ml Water
- Place the berries in a pan with 40g of sugar and the juice of one lemon and cook for 5 minutes or until the berries become softened (compote).
- Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, pour the remainder of the caster sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Continue to boil until it reaches the softball stage; this is when you drop a little of the boiling sugar into cold water and it sticks together in a little ball.
- Use a teaspoon to pour in the sugar but be careful.
- Beat the egg yolks in the electric mixer and whip for 4–5 minutes until very pale and creamy.
- Reduce to a low speed and slowly pour in the boiling sugar mixture.
- Allow the mixture to beat for a further 8–10 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down completely.
- Continuing to use the electric mixer, whisk in the mascarpone cheese into the egg mixture.
- Remove the mixer and gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Select a shallow serving dish or glasses.
- Mix the coffee and marsala together and dip the biscuits into the coffee mixture one by one and arrange half of them flat in the serving dish.
- Spread some of the berry compote plus half of the creamy mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits and another layer of berries and cream mixture.
- Smooth the top of the cream mixture with a warm palette knife.
- Decorate with some fresh berries.
- Transfer to the fridge for 2–3 hours to cool down completely.