Sharon's Beetroot Red Velvet Bundt Cake is perfect for a sweet summer treat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Baking Powder
350 g Caster Sugar
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
4 - Eggs
large in size
550 g Fresh Beetroot
raw, about 4 small beetroot
500 g Plain Flour
150 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
3 tbsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
250 g Unsalted Butter
softened, plus extra for greasing
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
For the icing:
200 g Cream Cheese
4 tbsp SuperValu Icing Sugar
2 - SuperValu Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm Bundt tin really well with butter and set aside on a baking tray.
2. Peel the beetroot and coarsely grate. Add to a food processor with the buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla and blitz to a fine purée.
3. Add the flour, sugar, butter, cocoa powder, baking powder and eggs and blitz to combine to a smooth, thick batter.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, until a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean. Remove and set aside to cool completely in the tin before turning out.
5. Meanwhile, make the frosting by mixing the cream cheese and icing sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth. Add enough of the orange juice to give a slightly thick yet pouring consistency. Cover and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
6. Once the cake is ready to decorate, sit it on a serving plate or cake stand. Drizzle some of the icing over and between each crevice, as in the photo. Arrange some of the raspberries on top to decorate, serving the remainder on the side. Decorate with fresh mint, if liked, and serve.