Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
4 - SV Signature Tastes Hereford Beef Burgers
50 ml SuperValu Cream
50 g SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
600 g SuperValu Potatoes
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Fill a large pan with the potatoes and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and pass the potatoes through a ricer or a potato masher into a pan. Add the butter and cream and combine with the salt and pepper. Keep warm covered with cling film.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, over high heat with a little oil and add in the burgers and cook for 2 -3 minutes on each side until browned all over, transfer the burgers onto a baking tray and put in the oven to finish for 10 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the heat and over a medium heat add the onions and the herbs and allow them to sauté for a minute or two.
- Next add in the cornflour and use this to coat the onions.
- Gradually add the stock at this stage and allow it to come to the boil. Simmer gently for 3 - 5 minutes until it coats the back of the spoon. Check for seasoning also at this stage.
- Serve the burger on top of the mashed potatoes and generously pour some of the onion gravy on the top. Serve immediately.