Relatively quick and easy dish to prepare. The Cod can be substituted by the fish of your choice.
Serves: 4 people
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
4 - SuperValu Cod Fillets
approx 150g each, skins attached
2 tbsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
150 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 - SuperValu Lemon
juice and zest
40 ml SuperValu Olive Oil
60 g SuperValu Shallots
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Heat half the oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the shallots and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until slightly translucent.
- Add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and juice and chopped herbs.
- Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- If you find the breadcrumb mixture is a little dry you can add some extra oil.
- Holding the fish fillet skin side down in one hand, scoop the breadcrumb mixture onto the fish, then press firmly onto the flesh.
- Lay the fillet onto a parchment lined baking tray and season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the cod in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The cod will be ready when it flakes apart when squeezed between your fingers.
- Serve immediately with dressing and some salad leaves.