These brownies are so rich and chocolatey, you’ll never believe that they contain no butter or flour - plus they help contribute to your Five a Day! The avocado helps to keep them moist and fudgy, just as chocolate brownies should be....
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 9 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Cocoa Powder
0.5 tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
90 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Chocolate 35% Milk
90 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Chocolate 54% Extra Dark
0.5 tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
3 - Eggs
150 g Light Brown Sugar
2 medium SuperValu Avocado
70 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F).
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a bowl. Microwave for a minute or two until melted, then set aside to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the light brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate, Fine Dark Cocoa Powder, ground almonds, Madagascan Vanilla Extract, and Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mash the avocado flesh, and add it to the chocolate mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Lightly grease and line a deep metal baking tray (measuring approximately 8 x 8 inches) with baking paper. Transfer the brownie mix to the tray, and spread it out evenly. Bake for around 35 minutes, until a cocktail stick comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
Use very ripe avocados to ensure they are soft enough to be mashed thoroughly - if your avocados are too under ripe, they will be tricky to mash, and you will end up with visible pieces of avocado in your brownies.