- Shop Online
- Real Food
- Real People
- Real Rewards
A perfect bite to serve to guests over the festive season. The smell of these little beauties bubbling away in the oven will excite any palate, plus they’re easy and fun to make for all skill levels.
Preparation time: 30 minutes•
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 24 people
*This recipe makes 24.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour, then roll out the puff pastry to a rectangle that’s approximately 30cm x 23cm. Cut into four strips lengthways, then six strips across to form 24 small rectangles.
3. Crumble the Stilton into a bowl and mash with a fork. Put a large teaspoon of the mashed Stilton into the centre left of each rectangle, then brush all the edges with the beaten egg.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese in each rectangle, then fold the pastry over the cheese and cranberry filling. Crimp the edges to seal together, then place on the lined baking tray. Don’t worry if they don’t all look perfect – these are all about the flavour.
5. Brush the outside with the beaten egg wash and scatter a generous amount of grated Parmesan over each parcel. Cut a little hole on top of each parcel with a sharp knife so they don’t burst open while cooking.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool, as the filling is piping hot when they come out of the oven. Arrange on a decorative platter and serve with napkins.